Today’s Los Alamitos Handicap Sheet

If you are a paid subscriber, you can find Rich Eng’s Daily Los Alamitos Handicap Here!

To access Richard Eng’s Handicap page or the Archives of his Handicap, please register on this site using the Register link to the right of the page. You will need to choose a username and enter your email address. Once you submit this information, you will receive an email with a link to set a password.

Choose 1-Day or 30-Day Option

After you are registered, if you would like to subscribe, choose one of the subscription options above by clicking the appropriate PayPal button. If you are not a PayPal member, there will be an option to pay with a Credit Card or Debit Card. Just click the link that reads “Pay with a debit or credit card…” when the PayPal payment page loads.

Please allow an hour or more for your subscription to be activated. Your PayPal payment must be verified before access is granted. Once your payment has been processed and verified, you will receive an email from Richard or the Racedaylasvegas.com Administrator confirming your subscription. You can then click the link at the top of this page to access Rich’s daily handicap.

Take me back to Racedaylasvegas.com

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

75 Responses to Today’s Los Alamitos Handicap Sheet

1. mrfred says:

Hi Rich,
    The last 2 days have been so successful for me . Friday 3-4- 2016 with your selections
    netted me $262 hitting the late pick 4 at SANTA ANITA and then Saturday 3-5-2016
    with your selections I hit the pick 5 for $543 . I know how difficult it is to cash a ticket but this is just too much. your one the best and you do your homework. Thank you ,
    Fred York ( a happy client)

• Richard Eng says:

Thank you for the kind words Fred. I like that you email me a lot so we stay in constant contact. Anyway I can help the players, I try. Congrats on you doing great work too!
      Rich Eng

2. oldprostg says:

I’m 83 & trying to learn as much as I can to help me have more success at windows.

Could you answer, what effect does rail distance have on a race?

How do they figure out which horses to load first in the gate?

Why does a trainer drop class after a win?

oldprostg@aol.com

3. ronbhere says:

Do you still need people for Saturday at Gulfstream? If you do how do I send the $20 to you.

4. john browning says:

how do you get the three days of free picks?

• Richard Eng says:

To get the 3 days of FREE picks, now 2 because Thursday is over, just register to my home page, which is free to do. If you are registered already, just log on using your user ID and password that you created, and on my home page click on ARCHIVE PAGE. Thursday is there right now. Later tonight, I will post Friday’s sheet. 3 FREE days as I play in the Horseplayer World Series at The Orleans.

5. GerardVV says:

Thanks for Picks 4/3/16= Spot on again, You had the PK6 though quite chalky. It paid $323.40 (but you had all SIX) I had the Late Pk4 with your picks- only paid $44.20 (Can’t believe TVG broadcasters were bragging about the Late PK4 Pool being at $800K and it still only pays $44.20- explain sometime. Jerry V

6. GerardVV says:

WTG Rich. 4/7/16 6 of 8 winners. Missed the $72.60 LS in Race 4 (understandable) Gave me the Late $0.50 PK4 on $18.00 tx= $125.30 Money for Saturday. Keep her rolling!

7. GerardVV says:

Learned my lesson. Hit the Early PK5 for $449.50 (Thanks again Rich). Decided to Press & doubled down on Race 8 #3 Danzing Candy & played away from#2 Exaggerator (Rich’s top pick in Race 8) kissed EZ DD (with Songbird) PK3 and late PK4 Good Bye. Got out of the Rich Eng game & ventured on my own w/o success. Leave the Ponies to those that know what they’re doing. Bow down to Rich -he’s 42 for 48 in picking winners in last 5 days at Santa Anita. WTG, Man. YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION!

8. GerardVV says:

The Ky. Derby. Rich Eng is AMAZING. He knows how to pull rabbits out of a hat. He knows the right bet combinations and the Horses. In his POOL ($40/share) he hit OAKS/DERBY DD 5x. He hit the Promotional $10K Twin Quin (at Sunset Station Casino) on Oaks Day and barely missed the $20K Twin Quin Promotion on Derby Day. He hit the Late Pk4 on Derby Day (and predicted he would) for over $2500.00 If you’re not betting with him, you’re betting alone. In his Derby Column for the LV Review Journal nailed the first FOUR Derby finishes. I bow to Rich Eng.

9. SallyC says:

I agree with GerardVV. I also joined his pool and was delighted by the results. I feel lucky to have a chance to bet with him. I’ve also learned so much from his Southern California handicap reviews and recommend them highly. If the Derby winner hadn’t been 2-1 odds (in a 20 horse field!) the wins would have been even greater. Hooray for Rich Eng! He spots things in horses nobody else notices and that’s where the big payouts come from.

10. djmont says:

Richard is the best handicapper I’ve found. He helped me win big on the Kentucky Derby. He’s the real deal!

11. debmar10 says:

Great job on the Derby Pool! Not just the Derby, but SA handicapping is great. Love how you make your cards with your top 2 choices and then a long shot bet: makes playing within a budget like mine possible—- handicapping for non-wealthy players who can’t afford ridiculous spreads. Keep up the great work! I’m spreading the word to my friends!

12. Broadstreet says:

Hi Rich,

I’ve been a follower of yours for many many years at LVRJ and am glad your picks have re-surfaced here!! I recently joined in on your Oaks/Derby team ticket and you once again have proven don’t go to the track without Rich Eng’s picks in your pocket. Our team ticket doubled our money but that was nothing compared to what I cashed on my own at the Racebook!! Thank you so much!!

13. sandini1 says:

A special shout-out to Rich Eng, whose book I have gifted to friends, and follow on Twitter. I enjoy his Friday LVRJ column, he shares his picks on Race Day LasVegas, and I closely listen to his observations on Steve Byk’s radio show – At the Races. Rich offers his subscribers his best plays, and at the end of the day follows up with an email. He is personable, has a warm sense of humor and welcomes his subscribers to stay in touch. We participated in a group Oaks/Derby team ticket – that was so much fun. I look forward to many more. A million thank yous!

14. huntersinn says:

Hi Richard,

I was trying to use the “Archives ” . I went to your home page, clicked on “Archives” and didn’t see the last few races for 10 Jun ?????

Try it…. where did I go wrong?

P.S.
    I am going to try and beat Exaggerator tomorrow … here’s why,

Any horse that has feet that loves the soft sloppy footing .. In my humble opinion will not like the deeper “sandy” surface at the Big Sandy !

I like him in the 2-3-or 4th hole on a Tri.

I’m thinking of playing a Tri Box 1-2 11-13 for $24

Good Luck to you whatever you’re playing tomorrow

Please ket me know how I can get the “Archives” when you put them there.

Thanks

Claude

• Richard Eng says:

Hi Claude, I checked and all of the races from June 10 are on the Archive Card page. None are missing. Please try again and let me know how it goes. I like to transfer the days races over to the Archive so subscribers can see for FREE how I did. And if they want to play the last 2 or 3 races using my picks, optional of course, then they are there.

15. SallyC says:

Congrats on having every winner on yesterday’s card!

16. SallyC says:

For at least 3 days in a row now Richard has had every winner listed on his Santa Anita handicap picks! WOW!

17. come on Richie I know you can do better concentrate my friend

18. GerardVV says:

Sunday 7/17?? Del Mar:Race 5 #8 Chatti on Top a SINGLE? And Race 9 (Stakes) #5 Midnight Storm a SINGLE w/ Bajarno? I need a SINGLE or two to cut down on cost of Ticket. Thanks.

19. Jerry Van Valkenburg says:

Bejarano is off his first two mounts Race 1 #6 Pragmatical and Race 2 #2 Iancol, (both were your selections) any info, is he off all mounts today?

20. GerardVV says:

Bejarano is off his first two mounts today, both your selections, Race 1 #6 Pragmatical and Race 2 #2 Iancol. (Both are scratches) Any info? Is he off all his mounts today? Thanks

21. GerardVV says:

Bought the RichEng $6.00 tip sheet for Sunday 7/17/2016. Played a skinny $24.00 PK5 ticket. RichEng hit them all. Collected $603.00 Huge ROI. Can’t wait for Friday 7/22 Del Mar tip sheet. Thanks Rich.

22. jerry1019 says:

Great picks Saturday the 15th of Oct. Not that I had of them. One of these days I might decide to win money at the track and use your picks. Until then I will just keep throwing good money after bad. Too bad for me. You can lead a horse to water but…

23. SallyC says:

Wow thank you Rich!! I played your picks today at Los Al and won the pick 6: $1435 on a $4 ticket!! You do such a great job handicapping, thank you, thank you!! Cheers-

• Richard Eng says:

TY Sally. Talk about efficient betting, $2 to hit the P6 n a $2 consolation 5/6 to win $1,435. My sheet on Saturday was en fuego. I missed R1 n than finished w 8 straight top choice winners. That won’t happen all the time, or even a lot, but I am so thrilled for your win today. All the best, Rich Eng

24. jerry1019 says:

Is there some other way to access your picks. I don’t use paypal and I want nothing to do with it. How about a credit card?

25. jerry1019 says:

Where are your picks for today. I paid but could not find the picks listed.

26. jerry1019 says:

Nice pick on the radio yesterday. I hit the exacta and it paid better than expected.

27. jerry1019 says:

What time today are your picks available?

28. Jerry says:

Richard,
    Any picks today for Florida tracks? It is the 4th of January and those tracks are going hot and heavy.

29. SallyC says:

Another great day at Santa Anita yesterday, as a $40 pick 4 turned into $1225. Thank you Richard!

30. Jerry1019 says:

Rich,
    I don’t propose telling you how to handicap but I have been playing the horses for years and on occassion you make the dropping in class error. I don’t have any scientific study about horses dropping in class and yes I have won at times with class droppers but they seem to win at about 10% which means they lose at 90%. Horse going up in class seem to do better and the odds are good too. You might want to look at that before you give out any more class droppers as your radio pick. Just a suggestion.

• Richard Eng says:

Hi Jerry, I never mind constructive criticism. There is always more than 1 way to skin a cat. I think the class drop in particular was my radio play of a horse going from MSW to a maiden claiming price tag. I like that drop a lot because some ugly looking horses win sometimes at huge odds. You make sense in that many class drops are negative, red flag drops. I guess my point is all class drops cannot be painted by the same brush. Some drops are good, some are bad.

• Jerry1019 says:

Another class dropper went down in flames today, Nuke Laloosh, who just last September was running in 80k claimers and then dropped to 25k and now drops to 16k and runs up the track. That horse will have to go to Golden Gate to find a level he can win in. I gave up on class droppers a long time ago and this horse today only confirms my class dropping fears. I have cashed some large tickets over the years on horses going up in class. I understand the logic behind backing class droppers but only a couple of trainers ever had consistant sucess at it. Mike Mitchell was probably the best ever at class dropping and winning.

• Jerry1019 says:

Last comment but another dropped out today in the 8th race. Ran in stakes race and trained by holendorfer and dropped Lran up the track. “The ultimate class drop” and nothing. Have I made my point?

31. Jerry1019 says:

Rich, Today at Gulfstream in the second race there is a horse named Harryhee who a few races won at the $6250 level and he was then jumped up to 10k and went off at 60-1 thanks to he class jump. He ran 3rd and paid $24 to show. These are the horses we should be looking for if we want to make money at the track.
    Also, your horse yesterday was beaten by the 4 horse who just won his last race and looked great on the track at 13-1. One of the things he did was buck in the post parade and that is the best sign of all. When a horse kicks up his back legs in the air bet that horse. When I saw that I got off your pick and jumped on the 4 horse.
    Nice late pick 4 yesterday on your sheet . It paid a nice $180.

• Richard Eng says:

Great to hear Jerry. I like to tell folks that my sheet is in support of your own handicapping. Hopefully two brains are better than one!

32. SallyC says:

Wow, he did it again. Rich swept the 8 race card today at Santa Anita, sweet!

33. Jerry1019 says:

Rich,
    I know you like droppers and I have one for you, Cinderela El Crome, in the 7th at AQ. He is 20-1 and may be good for a show bet. Feel lucky?

34. Jerry1019 says:

The horse I gave you paid over $40. I don’t hear any thank you from anyone.

35. Jerry1019 says:

Where are the two free races you talked about today on the radio? I don’t see them.

36. jerry1019 says:

Never mind, I found it.

37. Jerry1019 says:

Great pick on Irish in the Blue Grass. I looked at the replay and he looked bad after going to the lead and falling back. Bad sign. But he came back in a big way. Surprised me even though he is a nice horse.

• Richard Eng says:

You meant the Wood Memorial for Irish War Cry. He was my SIMO POD and won easily at 7/2 odds. He is one of the ones to consider in the KY Derby.

• Jerry1019 says:

My race mix up. Sorry there were so many big races going that day I could not keep track. It was the Wood. But today in the Arkansas Derby at Oaklawn Park you nailed it with the 11 horse that came home second to the favorite and paid a nice $50 exacta. That pick turned an ok day into a fantastic day. Now if you could only handicap the races in Japan. Huge payouts and I have yet to hit anything big over there. If you did a simulcast pick for a Japan race we could laugh all the way to the bank.

• Jerry1019 says:

One more thing. I do have Irish War Cry on several tickets in the KD futures. A run like that last one and we will see him in the winners circle.

38. GerardVV says:

Rich Eng, continues to Hit The Mark. A mere $6.50 gets you his Tip Cheat for the day plus a Simulcast Pick. Sunday 4/10 I used his picks ($24.00) with a skinny ticket to hit $124.00 return. Feels Good to be a Winner. Jerry V

39. Jerry1019 says:

40. Jerry1019 says:

Ho hum. Just another day cashing tickets after buying Richard Eng’s picks. Mr. Eng you make it look easy. How do you take such a tough game as horse racing and turn it on it’s head.

41. SallyC says:

April 21 was a WOW day- the pick 5 and the pick 4, made more than $1800 THANK YOU RICHARD!

42. Jerry1019 says:

Today in R5 the #4 is at 15 to 1 and that makes it interesting. Yes the horse is going against a group of tough horses and this is his first against winners but I think he can hang with them and maybe even outlast them to the finish line. I can do this might just be able to do this. A small chance bet (very small bet) is in order.

43. mistymaggie says:

Hi Richard,

Read your book Handicapping Horses for Dummies–It was apropos for me LOL
    I signed up on your web page and also applied for a one day Santa Anita tip sheet for today 5/14/2017–
    I tried the link but it is giving me yesterdays–Am I early for it ?? I am on the East Coast

44. Jerry1019 says:

5/18 Your radio play and a class dropper ran up the track. I have said it before class droppers miss at around 90%. Class climbers hit at 40%. Rough estimate but you get the idea. I do not bet on class droppers except in rare instances and even then I never put more than a c note them.

45. GerardVV says:

5/27/17 Rich hits the first 7 Races (of 9). Nails them. If you followed him for $6.50/day you’re way up. Hits early Pk5 (with a scratch) so you get paid 2Xs. I had enough winners to risk $12.00 3 horse box exacta in Race 9: 10-1 over 99-1 paid me $1208.60 wouldn’t gambled on the Longshots w/o Rich Eng’s winning picks. Smiling to the Bank……

46. SallyC says:

Thank you Richard for the $900+ pick 5 today at Santa Anita- another amazing day!

47. GerardVV says:

Santa Anita 6/1/2017 Right off of your Eng’s Picks.
    Race 5 #2 Princess Kendra….you make me look so smart……a 11-1 shot.
    $0.50 PK5 which I usually don’t play but with 2 Bingo’s today (Race 3 and Race 4)….$8.00 Ticket=$268.00

Thank you. 🙂 🙂

Jerry V

48. michapalm123 says:

I just purchased a one day card and l cant figure out how to access it. Please help. This is my first purchase

• Richard Eng says:

I Michael, I emailed you today’s SA sheet to 2 email addresses you gave to me. You are a FT buyer and I really appreciate you trying out my product. Good luck today at the races! RE

49. Bruce Little says:

Richard Eng made my day today, Saturday June 24……….He gave me the #6 horse Record Highs, in the first leg of the Station Casinos Twin-Quinella today. That is all I needed as I picked the other horse in the first leg and both horses in the second leg to be the only winner for today’s Twin-Q. Big payoff!! Thanks Richard.

• Richard Eng says:

Congrats Bruce, well played on your part. I probably get more enjoyment when my subscribers win. This is a hard game to play and I love seeing people like yourself break thru with a signer. All the best, Rich Eng

• GerardVV says:

Bruce: Rumor has it- it was a $10K payday. Care to comment? Jerry V

50. GerardVV says:

July 4th SA. Thanks Rich your $6.50 sheet,it came in very true. My $27.50 PK5 tx paid me $393.30 – it was a Single/3/3/2/3 tx. BTW the TVG pro hit the $393.30 prize with an $84.00 tx I’ll stick with Rich Eng. In Eng I Trust. Happy 4th.

51. wayne sadowski says:

Hi Rich

I was trying to determiner if you will have Friday and Saturday BC picks here and if so do I just purchase the 2 days at any time or does it have to be the day of the races?

• Richard Eng says:

Hi Wayne,
      Since the BC is at Del Mar it will be included in my normal daily SoCal handicap. I am not increasing the cost, still the low $6.50 per day. You can pay via PayPal in advance ($13.00 both days) and just send me a reminder email. All the best,
      Rich Eng

52. wayne sadowski says:

hi Rich

sent you an email

53. GerardVV says:

Breeders Cup 2017 very Challenging. Long shot bombs were going off everywhere. Declaration of peace ($30.40) Caledonia Road ($36:60) Stormy Liberal ($62.40) Bar of Gold ($135.40) Wuheida ($24.40) Good Magic ($25.00) Talismanic ($30.20) last two Rich Eng hit to give our Team Ticket $67.50 $0.50 Pk4 = $1227.50 take out. If you’re not on the Rich Eng train, you’re not moving down the track. Ask Rich Eng about buying into our Team Ticket @ $60 a share or so! Risk a little gain a lot. But his sheets for $6.50/day are a BARGAIN.

54. cactikid says:

Your web page still shows you as columnist for the LVRJ (I wish it were so).
    Thanks for the “freebee”.
    Bill